Thursday, September 6, 2012

The First Week...

We are off to a great start in Room 301!  Both Mrs. McCrea and I have been impressed with the students' effort and enthusiasm- I think we are going to have an awesome year!

We have our noses deep in a great book called "The Breadwinner", by Deborah Ellis.  It is a story set in Afghanistan during the rule of the Taliban.  Today many students had their first taste of "naan" bread...I think it was a hit!  Many were asking for recipes, but I must confess that you can find this lovely naan just down Prince of Wales. :)  I will post pictures just as soon as I receive the Media Release forms, which are going home today!

In Math, we have started our study of Patterns and Equations.  Once I have received the majority of parents' email addresses, I will send out some Extra Practice Sheets, which complement our work in class, lesson by lesson.  These are just for added, optional support.  We are also spending daily time reviewing our multiplication facts.  Some students would benefit from extra practice at home, and one way to do this is by checking out Miss M's Links on the sidebar.  There a number of sites that will help your son or daughter practice their basic math skills online.

Please also check the sidebar for upcoming dates and homework reminders.  Have an excellent Thursday!


No comments:

Post a Comment